SALES ASSOCIATE (VIETNAMESE MARKET)
Position: Sales Associate (Vietnamese market)
Direct report: Product Sales Manager
Indirect Report: Team Lead, Sales
The Sales Associate is the most important role in the sales floor as they are on the front line and the direct link between the product and the Vietnamese customer.
They deliver a seamless customer experience as exceptional people delivering an exceptional product, building customer loyalty and relationships with Vietnamese and other nationalities while delivering sales and productivity targets.
* Assist mainly Vietnamese customers as well as other nationalities in selecting, purchasing, refunding merchandise while demonstrating good communication skills and excellence in customer service at all times.
* Treat all goods, regardless of value, with care and present to the customer with highest level of respect.
* Complete customer transactions in a professional, timely manner.
* Inform customer necessary information they need to know if applicable.
2. Customer Experience
* Maintain a smart and well-groomed appearance when in uniform to convey a professional image of self-confidence and competence.
* Apply the principles of Apprentice so as to achieve superior customer service.
* Respond to customer queries and complaints in a polite and courteous manner – refer to the manager or Manager on Duty if appropriate.
3. Floor and Product Presentation
* Demonstrate product features and special product information.
* Ensure floor presentation meets or exceeds brand and DFS requirements.
* Maintains stock levels of all merchandise in the department.
* Be familiar with store layout and direct customers to merchandise, services and facilities as appropriate.
* To assist the Management team in the coordination and execution of all team merchandising activities, including inventory management, presentation quantities, promotional activities and merchandise stock flow.
* Work cooperatively with co-workers to accomplish sales and service goals.
* Assist other sales staff in periods of peak demand to ensure that customers in all areas are attended to promptly and efficiently, with waiting time reduced to a minimum.
* Take action to problem solve or effectively communicate to manager for assistance.
* Provide manager with customer’s feedback.
* Treat all management and fellow team-members with respect to support a healthy and positive team environment.
* Plan, participate and help monitor physical inventories as scheduled which includes inventory preparation.
* Maintain light housekeeping. Ensure retail areas and store rooms are neat, clean, hazard free and dust-free.
* Adhere to established health and safety policy and other DFS company policies, procedures, and regulations.
* Attend meetings, trainings and store briefings when required, to gain greater knowledge of the business and products.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: (Internal & External)
* Vietnamese customers and other nationalities
* Fellow colleagues
* Team Lead, Sales & Product Sales Managers
* High School diploma or equivalent, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
* Minimum 1 year sales/cashiering experience in a retail environment
* Proficient in English and Vietnamese due to the need to communicate with Vietnamese customers
* Proficient with handling a POS register machine
* Ability to work flexible hours / shifts, including weekends, nights and holidays
* Able to work overtime hours when necessary
* Good organizational skills, self-starter and highly motivated
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
* High energy level and positive approach to job and group responsibilities.
If you are interested, please forward your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: DFS Venture Singapore (Pte) Limited